Saturday, February 7, 2009
Thing 2: Library 2.0
The way I understand Library 2.0, based on Web 2.0, is that it involves a shift from static viewing/reading to interactivity. Another idea that often comes upregarding library 2.0 is that it meets users where they are (not necessarily in the library).Two impressions from the Steve Abrams video: 1) in order to learn this stuff, you have to be immersed, actively learning by doing, and 2) you will be most successful if you are engaged.To be fully engaged is a challenge, I find, because we are so very busy. However, as Abrams points out, you have to make a commitment to find those fifteen minutes a day.John Blyberg's blog post: Interesting to me is the "peer-to-peer" ideas that Blyberg speaks of. He says that libraries are going to need to "pool their resources." I wonder how that would work.The Ongoing Web Revolution, article from Library Technology Reports: Director Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library reports that, after two years of blogging and commenting, there was only one case of profanity (by a patron). Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment