The technical side:
Notes: Audacity, which we will be using for this project, is a cross-platform digital audio editor. We will be making MP3 files. It is a free software app.
MP3 file: a type of digital audio encoding format. It is not high fidelity, but rather lossy, allowing for reduction of the amount of data stored. It is close enough, for say, a 30 second commericial. The file is about 1/10th the size of an original CD file. A LAME encoder is necessary to is needed to import or export.
LAME encoder: Also a free app., it encodes audio into an MP3 format.
This is my first attempt. I just timed it and it was EXACTLY 30 seconds. I may have to trim if I need to slow down.
"Have you heard? The youth of Hastings definitely have a way with words. In fact, they've been working for over a year with writer Kim Bradley. Come hear them read from their newly published book, Juice Up the True Say. That's right, they're published, they're talented and they'll be presenting their works in person. Join us at the Hastings Branch Library for Juice Up the True Say on Tuesday, May 26th at 4:00 P.M."
Okay. I've downloaded Audacity and LAME. Now on to the tutorials: I have looked at the written tutorials from Audacity, and I'm afraid it might take a whole semester to acquire the skills that way.
YouTube: Wonderful. I get a visual, sound, AND someone who speaks slowly. (Note to self: speak slowly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment